Heavy Duty Equipment Operator
Our team is some of the best in the business and as a business we know we can’t thrive without a great company of people working together. Summit offers competitive salaries, benefits package and room to grow within the company.
If you are self-motivated, health and safety oriented and looking for a future with a great company please apply with your resume. Only applicants considered will be contacted for this position.
Requirements and responsibilities:
- Minimum 7 years experience of operating heavy duty equipment including excavators, dozers, loaders, packers, etc.
- Able to operate equipment safely to avoid injuries or property damage
- Perform daily pre-work equipment inspections and report all and any issues to Management
- Fully understand our health and safety policy and commit to ensuring it is followed every day, including proper documentation, attending tailgate meetings, and using procedures such as lockouts when needed
- Respect and support environmental safety
- A valid driver’s license and a current driver’s abstract is mandatory
- Must have own transportation
- Must have proficient knowledge of excavation operations
- Training tickets for WHMIS, Health and Safety training, First Aid, Ground Disturbance, H2S are considered an asset
- Must be able to take direction from superiors and work with minimal supervision
- The ability to lift up to 80lbs if required
- Multi-tasker and ability to work in a team environment