The role of the Project Manager is to identify opportunities, accurately and thoroughly prepare cost estimates, bids and tenders, manage all aspects of projects including scope, budget and schedule.
- Promoting and mentoring health and safety, and environmental procedures in accordance with legislation and company policy to ensure the safety of all workers and protection of the public
- Collaboration with other team members, including interacting with managers of different divisions of the organization, presenting findings or issues to senior management
- Ensuring bidding accuracy through all phases of the bidding process
- Prepare complete quantity takeoff based on scope of work
- Being a leader with oversight of the end-to-end estimating process
- Review proposal specifications, contract documents including general conditions, tender form, drawings, and required price breakdowns
- Reviews bonding & insurance requirements
- Develops a bid preparation schedule identifying the tasks, assignments and deadlines
- Identifies potential bid opportunities from both public & private sectors * Attends project pre-tender meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimates when necessary
- Perform Risk and Contract Management responsibilities as required
- Evaluate proposed construction methodologies to determine the best solutions based on cost, quality, and availability of materials
- Review, prepare and submit Request for Quotation (RFQ)’s from vendors and subcontractors
- Consult with clients, vendors and other stakeholders to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve potential issues
- Review and analyze actual project costing and production information against estimates
- Attends project pre-construction meetings
- Establish and review list of work to be performed by subcontractors
- Collaborate with Field Operations to ensure project completeness, accuracy and success
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned – may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits
- Advise on major changes in scope of work and monitor actual cost to estimated cost and ensure change orders are priced
- Management, mentorship and direction of project personnel
- Encouraging and maintaining a positive relationship between administration and management staff with a focus on teamwork, mutual trust and respect
Project Manager(s) will report directly to General Manager.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Sarah Cousley at email@example.com.