Summit Horizons Joint Venture
A joint venture business between Musqueam Band Member-owned business C&C Horizon Contracting and Summit Earthworks with a focus on projects within Musqueam’s Traditional Territory. The focus is maximizing contract opportunities for both parties, as well as maximizing employment & training opportunities for Musqueam Band members. Both parties signed the joint venture agreement in November of 2022. Summit Horizons JV expects to participate in numerous projects involving soil management and civil contracting in the near future. Opportunities to date include:
- Soils Management: Summit Horizons JV entered into a purchase order agreement with FortisBC, a leading energy provider in British Columbia. Under the terms of the agreement, Summit Horizons JV will be accepting clean and contaminated soil from numerous FortisBC project sites across BC. In addition, all material received from FortisBC will be transported to one of several Provincially and Federally permitted Soil Management Centres owned and operated by Summit Earthworks.
- YVR: Summit Horizons JV is currently providing civil services with the Vancouver Airport Authority. Work includes, construction of lock-block containment cell, ditching muck out and bull rush removal.
Summit/LAX Business Development Joint Venture
A joint venture business between Lax Kw’alaams Business Enterprises Limited Partnership, an indigenous business owed by the Lax Kw’alaams Band and Summit Earthworks with a focus on projects within Lax Kw’alaams’ Traditional Territory aimed at maximizing contract opportunities for both parties, as well as maximizing employment & training opportunities for Lax Kw’alaams Band members. Another objective is to collaborate on the development of a Soils Management Facility within the Prince Rupert area.
LDLP/SEW Joint Venture
A joint venture business between Leq’á:mel First Nation, through the Leq’á:mel Development Limited Partnership, and Summit Earthworks, with a focus on opportunities within Leq’á:mel’s Traditional Territory(and elsewhere in the province) to maximize contract opportunities for both parties, as well as maximizing employment & training opportunities for Leq’á:mel First Nation members. Opportunities to date include:
- In-Stream Remediation Projects: Including clearing and grubbing within watersheds, invasive species removal, creation of mitigation accessibility within creek channels, flood control involving embankment repairs and in-stream removal of massive amounts of flood-deposited fill associated with Atmospheric River events, salmon habitat offsets, and the mitigation of salmon spawning habitats (e.g., Deroche Creek, Pattison Creek, Nicomen Slough).
- Community Infrastructure Projects: Emergency Response Dike Repair (Taylor Road), Leq’á:mel Village Subdivision site preparation, TMX Pipeline Project, Dzawada’enuxw & Wuikinuxv Nations Solid Waste Management Facilities developments on remote central coast), Leq’á:mel Day-Care Centre site preparation, Leq’á:mel Community Gardens & Community Pathways, and Elder Residential Access and trailer pad improvements.
- Fill Site Projects: On-reserve industrial and commercial land developments, and infrastructure improvements (e.g., Leq’á:mel Transfer Station).
- Archaeological Assessments: Including preliminary field reconnaissance (PFRs), Chance Find Procedures (CFPs), Orientation, Training & Monitoring Programs.
- Research & Community Consultations:
Get a Solid Start
Contact us to request a quote for your next project or to simply have a conversation about what you do and what we could do for you.