District of Mission: Phase C Landfill Closure
Summit Earthworks successfully completed this landfill closure project for the District of Mission, in Mission, BC. The scope of the project involved site preparation works including clearing & grubbing, surface preparation, grading, geotextile, geomembrane, draintube, sand layer supply and installation.
General scope, outline and project activities include:
- Landfill closure site was prepped for closure by performing clearing and grubbing of green waste.
- Phase C closure area was graded prior to installation, as per engineer design, of a 16oz non-woven geotextile, geomembrane liner and
- A 500 mm protective cover layer (screened sand layer) was imported, placed and compacted.
- Drainage features constructed to engineer design included a ditch line and spill way – excavated and lined with riprap and concrete
- Above the protective cover layer, a topsoil layer was installed and hydroseeded to prevent sediment erosion.