Summit Earthworks has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Senior Accountant in Mission, BC. We are looking for an open-minded individual that has a positive attitude and enjoys working in a team environment. This is an outstanding opportunity to work closely with our accounting team. If you share our values and vision and want to join our team, we would love to hear from you.
- Oversee the Accounts Receivable invoicing for various divisions, including soil and hydrovac, fill sites, trucking, and progress billing for construction projects.
- Collaborate with the Projects’ Team to set up new projects and customers within the Viewpoint Spectrum system, ensuring accurate maintenance of change orders.
- Monitor project performance within the job costing system, working closely with Project Managers to enhance reporting accuracy.
- Manage month-end closing and reporting procedures, including journal entries, inter-company transactions, and timely balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Assist in banking activities, cash forecasting, and loan management.
- Aid in tax filing and compliance, along with handling ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business.
- CPA designation or currently pursuing a CPA qualification is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive accounting experience, with at least 2 years at a senior accountant level, preferably within the construction industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Teams, and Outlook.
- Strong drive for continuous process improvement and efficiency enhancement.
- Experience with Spectrum ERP system would be considered an asset.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with field operation managers.
- Effective problem-solving skills and a solid understanding of management, finance, and accounting principles.
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 3 week paid vacation
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Salary Expectations: $75,000 – $85,000 per year, depending on experience and qualifications.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.